DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Down Payment Assistance Program is a 0% loan. Repayment will begin 2 years from the date of the Deed of Trust, with an amortization schedule of 18 years. No penalty for early payments will be charged.
A maximum of 20% of the purchase price used for the down payment of one housing uit is available. Each applicant is required to provide $1,000 of their own money to cover a portion of the required closing fees and prepaid escrow accounts.
All applicants will be required to secure a Single Family Mortgage Loan from a lender of their choice to purchase the single family home. The primary lender will appraise the property. A letter of pre-approval from a financial institution is required and all local ordinance and flood plan requirements must be followed.
* The housing unit to be purchased must be located in the city limits of Atkinson.
* Eligibility for the progrma is determined by family size and household income (see table below).
* Appliants for assistance shall not currently own or have any interest in other real property used for residentail purposes.
* The selling price of any one existing or new construction unit offered in the program shall not exceed $200,00.
* No property or portion here of assisted through the program may be retained for rental purposes.
* Recapture Option: Repayment will begin 2 years from the date of the Deed of Trust. The homebuyer may sell the property to any will buyer.
The sale of the property triggers repayment of the down payment assitance the buyer received at the time the home was purchased.
* Selected property must meet program eligibility guidelines.
Contact the Office of Economic Development in the City Building. Income verification is required and will be conducted upon receipt of completed application. The completed application will then be sent to CDS Inspections & Beyond, LLC, who have been contracted by the City of Atkinson, for complete evaluation and inspection of the property to ensue that all guidelines will be met. Upon completio of this step, the Atkinson Housing Board will make their recommendation to the Atkinson City Council, who has the final determination in the process. If the application is accepted, a subordinated lien will be placed behind the primary lender.
INCOME LIMITS for the CITY OF ATKINSON
(established by HUD - effective 6/1/18))
# In Household Income Limit
1 person $38,100
2 people $43,550
3 people $49,000
4 people $54,400
5 people $58,800
6 people $63,150
7 people $67,500
8 people $71,850
For more information contact:
Amanda Sindelar, Director
Atkinson Economic Development
City of Atkinson
P.O. Box 519
Atkinson, NE 68713
104 S. Main St., / PO Box 519 / Atkinson, NE 68713 / Ph: 402-925-5313 / Fax: 402-925-5780
This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.